Icelandic Translation and Interpreting Services
Video Remote Interpreters also available
TJC Global offer professional Icelandic translation and interpreting services to suit your every requirement for locations all over the globe. We cover Europe, Asia, the Middle East, the USA, South America, Africa and Australia.
The experience and expertise of TJC professional translators enable them to efficiently and accurately translate documents, using correct and precise terminology in specific fields while our expert interpreters have the qualifications and cultural business knowledge to assist at meetings, conferences and events of all natures. We offer tailored services for all our clients and provide language assistance in many different fields, such as technical, engineering, legal, renewable energy & IT.
What forms of interpreter services can TJC Global provide?
Video/videoconference interpreting: (also Video Remote Interpreting is available) TJC provides language interpreting services to support events such as business discussions, conferences, legal/court/arbitration/litigation, and other online business interactions in the industry during these challenging times.
Participants can communicate via video, or voice calls using laptops, smartphones, tablets etc. These can be recorded should you wish to take minutes. Our professionally qualified interpreters can join your online virtual meeting, event, or proceeding, for example, and interpret remotely in the language pairing you require to facilitate smooth communication between all parties.
Telephone/teleconference interpreting is a practical way to bridge any language barriers. The interpreter is either located remotely (away from either party) or is with one of the parties. In both cases, they deliver interpreting services through telephone conferencing.
Telephone interpretation is helpful for clients who cannot travel to their counterparts’ countries but still wish, for example, to hold business discussions or communicate progress updates. At TJC Global, we are pleased to provide professionally qualified interpreters in almost any selected language combination.
Simultaneous interpreting (also available with Video Remote Interpretation (VRI))
is used for international conferences, critical business discussions, seminars & symposiums. In this case, two to three interpreters are usually situated in a booth, away from the audience, and take turns to interpret at high speed, changing over every 15-20 minutes to avoid fatigue.
The interpreters use headsets to listen to the speaker’s message and repeat it immediately (practically “simultaneously”) in the target language to benefit relevant audience members.
Consecutive interpreting (also available with Video Remote Interpretation (VRI)) is the most common type. It is used for business discussions, negotiations, contract exchanges, commercial, legal and technical meetings, medical or court hearings, or onsite inspections. The interpreter listens to the speaker, often making notes, and later delivers the meaning in the target language.
The interpreter may wait until a pause or the end, at which point they deliver a translation relatively quickly. Consecutive interpreting may also be used at conferences for panel discussions, Q&A sessions or private discussions between parties – at a stand or elsewhere.
Icelandic, the official language of Iceland, is a north-Germanic language which is derived from Old Norse. The closest language to Icelandic is Faroese. English is widely spoken as a second language, and other minority languages spoken are Spanish, German, Norwegian and Swedish.
Why choose TJC Global’s Icelandic Language Services?
- Native speakers – all translations are into the translator’s mother tongue to ensure fluency and accuracy.
- A diverse network of experienced translators and interpreters – we can offer translators with experience and qualifications in specialist fields meaning translations of the highest quality. While our interpreters are experienced in multiple types of interpreting and can adapt their expertise and experience to suit your requirement.
- Fast turnaround times and thorough proofreading – we want to ensure efficiency and accuracy for our clients.
- Global scope – London, UK, Europe, Asia, Africa, USA and the Middle East
- A wide range of services:
- Simultaneous Interpreting for conferences of all kinds, booth work, legal depositions, and court (arbitration, international disputes, commercial, criminal, domestic etc).
- Consecutive Interpreting for court and legal interpreting (trials, depositions, commercial, criminal, tribunal, arbitration, international dispute court hearings).
- Facilitating Interpreting for business discussions, international exhibitions, and on-site & attend services.
- Telephone & Video-conference Interpreting for business discussions, monthly review meetings etc.
Our Icelandic Translators and Interpreters also cover the following fields:
- Business Services
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental / Global Issues
- Legal / Law
- Life Sciences
- Medical / Pharmaceutical
- Non Profit Organisations
- Publications and Media
- Renewable Energy
- Research and Academic
- Retail and Consumer
Looking for interpreting assistance in other fields?
TJC Global provides specialist interpreting and translation services in various specialist fields. Whatever your requirement, we can find the right linguist to assist you.
If your industry or project type is not listed here, don’t hesitate to contact us directly with your enquiry.
Our clinical trial translators utilise their knowledge of subject-specific terminology to deliver precise, unambiguous translations, whatever the context – enabling you to communicate effectively with the rest of the world.
We are also able to adapt to almost any type of project.
What to do next?
Please use the Quick Quote system above for a quote for interpreting, translation services or a related enquiry.
If you would like more information about our language services, please contact us.